An electronic game that is used to generate a user interface for visual feedback is known as a video game. These video games are displayed on two-dimensional or three-dimensional devices like TV and Computer etc. These video games have become a part of the entertainment industry from the previous decade. These video games are also considered a form of art for users. The electronic systems that are used to play these videos games are known as platforms. There are some impacts of these video games of the children. These impacts are explained below by the writers of coursework writing services;
Positive impacts of video games on children
These video games are helpful for children to enhance their mental skills. Some positive impacts of video games on children are explained below;
- By playing video games, children can improve their cognitive skills. In these cognitive skills, there come visual processing, memory and perception etc. By playing these videos games, the ability of a person to think about a topic from different angles will also be improved.
- The visual and high-hand coordination skills of a person are also improved by playing video games. Its reason is that the players have to keep eye-contact while playing video games. Moreover, the players have to use their hands while playing video games.
- The players also become quick thinkers and accurate by playing video games. Its reason is that while playing video games, the players have to take some accurate decisions.
- The players can also learn how to work with dexterity by playing video games. Its reason is that while playing video games, the players have to use their hands on the keyboard and mouse. They can also get enough idea on how to use different short keys.
- The problem-solving abilities of the players are also enhanced by playing video games.
- It is also observed that by playing video games, the students can also improve their mood.
- These video games are also a way of promoting the theory of incremental intelligence for the players.
Negative impacts of video games on children
Along with these positive impacts of playing video games, there are also some negative impacts are also associated with the amount of play and the content of these video games. Some negative impacts of these video games are explained below;
- If the children are playing such video games that have aggressive content, these video games can increase the aggression in the children.
- There are also some children who become addicts to these video games. As a result, they develop some harmful tactics like anxiety and depression etc.
- Most of the children spend a lot of their valuable time in playing these games. As a result, they are not able to pay full attention to their studies and they are also not able to get the best grades.
- If the students spend lots of their time in playing these video games, these video games can also last some adverse impacts on their health.
Therefore, it is necessary for the parents to monitor the activities of the children and try to keep a balance between their games and studies.
About the author:
Jacob Oram is a research writer affiliated with a dissertation writing service provider company. He helps and guides students in writing, editing their academic writing tasks. He also writes on social issues, problems of youth and other topics of his interests in his free time.