A dissertation is a lengthy piece of writing and it is divided into different sections. In these sections, there come introduction, literature review, research findings, discussion, conclusion and bibliography etc. The findings and discussion are considered as essential sections of a dissertation. In the findings, we will have to present all the research results. On the other hand, in the discussion section, we will have to provide an explanation of these findings. If you are not able to write these essential sections of a dissertation, then you can get help from experts of dissertation writing services. Some essential secrets about dissertation findings and discussion section are given below;Elements to include in the findings and discussion section
There are some essential things which are necessary to write in the findings and discussion section. In these elements, there come the following things;
- First of all, we should try to state the major findings of the study. The first paragraph of a discussion section should start with the help of major findings and results. These research findings should be presented in a direct and declarative way.
- Secondly, we should try to provide the clinical relevance of these findings. This thing will provide an idea to the readers where these results and findings are applicable and where are not.
- It is also a possibility that there are some limitations to the study. Therefore, we should not feel hesitation to acknowledge these limitations of the study.
- As we know that the main aim of the research is to provide some suggestions for further Therefore, these suggestions should also be presented in the findings and discussion section of a dissertation.
- At the end of the findings and discussion section, you should try to give your message in the form of a conclusion. This message should be presented in such a way that the students keep this message in their mind.
Things to avoid when writing the findings and discussion section
There are some students who don’t know which things should be avoided while writing the findings and discussion section of a dissertation. These things are explained below;
- In the findings and discussion section, it is necessary for us to interpret the results. While interpreting these results, the students should not over-interpret the results. Its reason is that this over interpreting will not be supported by the data.
- As we know that we can present some speculations in the findings and discussion section of a dissertation. There is no need to add unwarranted speculations in the findings and discussion section of a dissertation.
- To present the importance of the study is also considered as an essential component of a dissertation. On the other hand, it is avoided to inflate the importance of the research finding.
- While writing findings and discussion section, your main focus should be towards the hypothesis and study results only. There is no need to add tangential issues in the findings and discussion section of the dissertation. These tangential issues can distract the attention of the readers from the main theme of the dissertation.